Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

October 1, 2009 by  

A recent survey carried out by CORGI and reported in the “Gas Installer”, highlights that, from 2006 – 2008, carbon monoxide poisoning was responsible for 56 deaths in the UK from a total of 265 incidents. This is an appalling statistic and could so easily be avoided.
The first thing to do is have a carbon monoxide detector fitted. Sadly only one in four households have a carbon monoxide detector.
The second is to have all of your Gas Appliances checked and serviced. Essex Heating Services recommend that this is done annually. Its quite amazing that this is a requirement for Landlords and not for the rest of us.

You should make sure that the Gas Engineer carrying out any work is “Gas Safe Registered”.


Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.